INEOS Automobile reveals the design of its upcoming 4X4 Grenadier. Built from the ground up on an all-new platform, the INEOS Grenadier has been designed with a purpose, namely to meet the demands of its future owners go- anywhere capable, comfortable, rugged working vehicle.
Head of Design Toby Ecuyer said “The brief was simple, – Design a modern highly functional and capable 4X4 utility vehicle”. Nothing is for show, the primary objective is to produce a modern engineered Grenadier with utility at
its core with the ability to stand the test of time. INEOS Automobile are delighted to be in the position to share the design of the
Grenadier so early in the process which will allow critical testing and amendments as they put the prototypes through their paces in all conditions, on the way to accumulate some 1,8 million test kilometres over the coming year.
INEOS Chairman Sir Jim Ratcliffe said “The Grenadier project started by
identifying a gap in the market, abandoned by a number of manufacturers, for
a utilitarian off-road vehicle. This gave us our engineering blueprint for a
capable durable and reliable 4X4 built to handle the world’s harshest
environments. But it had to look the part as well”
KEY DESIGN FEATURES:
- Grenadier must be comfortable, meeting the expectations of the 21 st century consumer for equipment levels and safety systems.
- Balance of proportions will be achieved as the new platform will be started from scratch with no compromise on any angle.
- Personalisation is a key requirement for customers. Designed from a blank canvas to allow customers to tailor accessories to their requirements.
- The small rear doors opens first to enable easy loading and unloading smaller items. The rear ladder can be fitted to aid access to the roof.
- Exterior wiring with exit points to the front and the rear of the roof.
- Round lamps at the front and rear with auxiliary lamps integrated into the design.
- Front fenders you can sit on.
- Roof bars and roof strips to enable loads to be mounted.
- Storage box on the rear side is accessible from the exterior for grubby, smelly kit.
Head of Design Toby Ecuyer and his team have done a great job in delivering a
design that is both distinctive and purposeful.