Honda Motor Southern Africa has refreshed its compact BR-V sport utility vehicle (SUV) range for 2020 by introducing some subtle changes to the interior and exterior design. The aim was to enhance both the styling and functionality along with improving on-road drivability. The BR-V is currently the only seven-seater sport utility vehicle and remains one of Honda’s core models in the SA line-up. This gives the BR-V significant advantage over its competitors and consistently makes it one of their top two best-sellers, the other being the Honda Amaze compact sedan. Some of the updates are…..
- LED daytime running lights. (Comfort and Elegance models) This improves safety for other road users
but lends to the BR-V a more impactful and modern appearance.
- Rear parking sensors. (Comfort and Elegance models) It makes parking manoeuvers significantly easier.
- Touchscreen Audio Display (Flagship derivatives) A 7’ Display Audio touchscreen system with an
integrated reverse parking camera.
- Extra soundproofing insulation material reducing road and engine noise entering the cabin.
The BR-V range is powered by the 1.5 litre i-VTEC four-cylinder engine delivering impressive performance and fuel efficiency. Producing 88 kW of power at 6600 r/min and peak torque of 145 Nm at 4600 r/min. The BR-V is available in three derivatives…
1. BR-V TREND. Offered with a six-speed manual gearbox only. 210mm ground clearance and 16’ steel tyres. Seven seater, with the second-row bench featuring a 60:40 split with reclining backrests. ABS Anti-lock brakes, dual front airbags, engine immobiliser, remote central locking and speed-sensitive auto door locking. Electric windows, air conditioning, Bluetooth, UBS and a four-speaker audio system.
2. BR-V COMFORT. 16’ alloy wheels and practical rear parking sensors. Manual or auto gearbox. Fully automated climate control with roof-mounted vents between the front and centre rows. Auto up and down function for driver’s window, power switch to allow locking and unlocking from inside the car and a factory fitted alarm system.
3. BR-V ELEGANCE. The flagship model also is offered in manual or automatic. Full colour 7’ Display Audio system with reverse camera and rear parking sensors. Silver-hued front and rear bumper garnishes, chrome finishes of door handles and side door protectors. Front fog lights. Luxurious leather upholstery, keyless entry.
- BR-V Trend Manual R258,800
- BR-V Comfort Manual R291,500
- BR-V Comfort CVT R300,314
- BR-V Elegance Manual R314,400
- BR-V Elegance CVT R333,000
All models come standard with a five/year 200,000km warranty and three year AA Roadside Assist. A new four/year 60,000 km extended service plan is included in the Comfort and Elegance models and is available as an option on the Trend. Service intervals are every 15,000 km.