In South Africa the “Duster” has always been one of Renaults resounding successes. Buyers associated this model with value for money for a very capable performance SUV. The range was complemented with the Duster 4×4 and now welcomes the Duster TechRoad MY20 derivative to the Duster line-up.
The main upgrades to this particular model are…..
- Modern exterior styling projecting a robust off-roader look
- Superior interior finishes and a range of high-end equipment
- Smart features including a Rear-View Camera
- 17’ Diamond cut wheels
- Ground clearance of 210mm for all terrain driving
- On board GPS Navigation
- Apples CarPlay and Android Auto
- Automatic Climate Control
- Speed Limiter and Cruise Control
- ABS and EBD braking systems
- Rear Park Distance Control
- Hill Start Assist
With 2 million cars sold globally, SA has contributed 21,000 units sold since its initial introduction in 2013. The new Duster TechRoad builds on and reinforces the Dusters existing strengths offering a highly capable SUV which is tough, simple and reliable yet very reasonably priced. The award-winning Renault Duster range starts from R278 900 with the TechRoad retailing at only R316 900. The New Duster TechRoad projects an assertive styling look, extremely muscular with aggressive lines. Prominent silver roof rails and front and rear skid plates add to the adventure credentials. Class-leading 210mm clearance along with approach angles of 30 degrees and departure angles of 34 degrees make the vehicle suitable for all terrain driving. The interior spacious cabin includes high quality upholstery finishes with blue trim detailing on the seats and blue accents on the dashboard. The rear bench seats split 1/3 or 2/3 while the boot boasts best-in- class loading capacity of up to 478L.
The TechRoad is offered with two fuel options and three engine options.
- 1.5 dCi Diesel engine (4×2) has outputs of 66kW and 210Nm consuming
- The 4×2 EDC and 4×4 manual versions have outputs of
80kW and 250Nm and 260Nm respectively and consume only 4.8L/100km.
- For greater comport and pleasure the 6-speed Dual-Clutch EDC automatic
gearbox is also available with the 1.5L dCi Diesel engine. Upshifting is fast
and smooth with no jerking or loss of acceleration.
Note: The Duster 1.5L dCi EDC 4×2 achieved top position in its class (Category C1 –Diesel Turbo 1300cc – 2000cc) Within the debut Westbank Fuel Economy Challenge in November 2019.
- As is standard with Renault vehicles sold, the Duster includes a 5-year/150 000km
mechanical warranty, and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty. A Service plan applies
and covers 3-year/45 000km. (Service intervals of 15 000km)
- New Duster 1.6 Expression 4×2 R278 900
- New Duster 1.5 dCi TechRoad 4×2 R316 900
- New Duster 1.5 dCi TechRoad EDC 4×4 R350 900
- New Duster 1.5 dCi Dynamique EDC 4×2 R350 900
- New Duster 1.5 dCi Prestige EDC 4×2 R363 900
Options include metallic paint at R2 522 and Leather seats at R10 088