Although Renault only launched the Triber model, famous for its seven-seater configuration, in February 2020, ten months later the company is introducing
more features to ensure customers continue to get value-for-money with this small SUV. In addition, a 5-speed EASY R-AMT will be added to the line-up to
further enhance the appeal of the range. Since the launch in February 2020 the TRIBER model has amassed 2 500 sales in
COVID times which indicates the potential sales it can achieve going forward. The vehicle is packed with features and offered at a very competitive retail price
which is attracting buyers in these tough economic times.
Let’s have a look at some of the main features the Triber has to offer:
- SUV-inspired: Robust triple edge chrome front grille, LED daylight running lamps, strong shoulder lines, wheel arch flares, stylish roof rails and an impressive 182 mm ground clearance all contribute to the identity of the brand. Best-in-class Eagle beak tail lamps accentuate the wider rear of the vehicle.
- Cabin: The TRIBER is designed inside to offer four exciting seating modes and 100-seating combinations to provide all the space you need. The ultra-modular seating arrangements include……
a) CAMP mode: (2-seater)
b) SURF mode: (4-seater)
c) LIFE mode: (5-seater)
d) TRIBE mode (7-seater)
The flexible seating combinations sets the new TRIBER apart within the marketplace. The innovated EasyFix seats allow for the 2 rear seats within
the 3 rd row to be completely removed with ease to optimise the available space.
- Interior: Boot space of 625 litres, smart stowage spaces of up to 31 litres, innovated cold storage facility in centre console, drawer under driver’s
seat, and unmatched roominess in this sub-4m car. A stylish duel tone dashboard with silver accents, digital instrument cluster with LED
illumination, gear shift indicator and on-board computer keeps driver informed about relevant info like fuel consumption, average speed etc.
- Lastly an innovated air-conditioning system pushes quality airflow through vents on the 2 nd and 3 rd rows for greater occupant comfort.
- Technology: Easy-to-use 8-inch MediaNav evolution touchscreen, integrated Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Voice Command, video playback on the screen, Cardless Access Card for Keyless Entry. To further
enhance the tech a best-in-class Reverse Parking Camera with guidelines to assist parking in difficult situations.
- Under the bonnet: The new generation 1.0 litre 3-cylinder petrol engine producing 52kW with 96Nm torque. Maximum response at all revs from the duel VVT system ensures optimum acceleration. Low maintenance costs along with fuel consumption of 5.5L/100km makes this vehicle an attractive buy in the current SA economy.
- EASY-R AMT: Introduction of this specifically tuned engine for effortless driving in city traffic conditions. The AMT transmission automatically senses the need to change gear without any manual intervention although the driver can change to manual mode if desired.
- Safety: ABS: Emergency lock retractor, 3-point front and 2 nd row seat belts, Pyrotechnic pre-tension driver seat belt, front and side airbags and Rear
Parking Sensors which alert of any obstacles within 50m.
The all-new TRIBER model range comes standard with a 2-year/30 000km Service Plan, plus a 5-year/150 000km mechanical warranty. (Service intervals at 15 000km)
- Renault TRIBER Expression R183 900
- Renault TRIBER Dynamic R193 900
- Renault TRIBER Prestige R209 900 AMT